SOLD - 1840's Clock Case







Hello, followers of A French Touch! This is Debra's daughter, and I have absconded with the laptop in order to give you a brief writeup of my absolute favourite thing ever repurposed.


This gorgeous clock case is from the 1840s! While it was always lovely, a coat of Old White paint and some clear wax just makes it breathtaking. The hooks added at the bottom are actually one-half of vintage window clasps; I like the idea of being able to hang necklaces off of them. The clock face inside isn't part of the original case, but does come with the piece, and personally I like the slightly off-center look of it peeking through the glass.


My favourite part is the versatility; as long as you have the wall space, this can go pretty much anywhere. Kitchen spice rack with a drying towel on the hooks! Bedroom jewellery display box! Bathroom medicine cabinet for my fancy shmancy makeup collection! In fact, this one might not make it to the store...

2 comments:

  1. Love the versatility of this piece, and the repurposed window clasps for hooks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! I was tempted to keep this one! :)

      Delete